You just got engaged? Congratulations! If you aren't going to hire a wedding planner, you have the daunting task of planning your wedding but have no fear. TK Bridal & Alterations has been helping brides-to-be for thirty years, and we are here to help now. Read further for some tried-and-true tips on planning a successful wedding.
The Timeline and the Checklist
The first step should be deciding the guest list and budget. Do you want a large event or a small gathering? Next, set your date and book a location large enough to accommodate your guests. Double check to ensure availability on your chosen date so you know how long you have to plan, save, and explore options. Then, make a checklist to remember all the important details along the way.
Twelve Months Prior
- Wedding Planners: Choose people that are willing and qualified to help you plan your wedding.
- Wedding Party: Decide who will be in your wedding and ask.
Ten to Twelve Months Prior
- Shop for the Dress: Consult a professional bridal shop for the perfect fabric, style, and design.
- Determine Your Décor and Entertainment: flowers, music, photographers, and videographers all require thought and booking.
Six to Eight Months Prior
- Dress the Party: Once your color scheme and bridal dress are decided on, it's time to dress the bridesmaids and groomsmen.
- Choose a Honeymoon Destination: When the work is over, the fun begins. Research some unique honeymoon destinations and book in advance.
Four to Six Months Prior
- Order the Rings: Get your rings and invitations ordered.
- Make sure you renew passports and necessary documents.
- Time for Cake: Research and book a reputable cake designer.
Three Months Prior
- Order the Cake: Double check on design and cost.
- Get the Rental: Rent the formalwear for the groom and his groomsmen.
Two Months Prior
- Invite Your Guests: Send the invitations.
- Write Your Vows: Don't wait until the last minute. Research the topic for guidance.
One Month Prior
- Get the License: Find out how long before the event you have to apply for the marriage license. Double check on fees or associated costs.
- Give Final Approval: You will need to go for a final fitting on the wedding dress.
All Eyes on the Bride
At TK Bridal & Alterations, we understand the pressure a bride may feel to look perfect on her wedding day, and we work to accommodate the needs of each bride we fit. We are experienced in working with various materials, styles, and body types. Come see us to discuss your ideas and let us create a custom dress for your special day.
We are located at 290 Hilderbrand Drive in Sandy Springs, Georgia, 30328. Call 404-943-0037 to set an appointment or visit us online to explore the possibilities.